In many countries around the world, too many people often lack basic clothing. This challenge is amplified particularly during the winter months.
We hope to engage as many of the SWY Alumni and Associations as possible to take part in the Winter Clothing Campaign.
Our main objective is to gather and donate winter clothing items to a worthy organization of your choice that is responsible for spreading them through to
 the most needly regions of the city; and
 homeless people in highly urbanized areas.
The type of clothing gathered and donated will depend on the local needs of the engaging SWYAA: winter clothes for the countries where winters are present, and regular clothes for those where they are not.
Building on SWYAA Brazil’s project this past June, we are aiming to collect clothing items over the holidays in December and formally making the donation on January 18th – SWY International Day.
How it works:
1) Join the Facebook event called “SWYAA Winter Clothing Donation Campaign” and connect with your SWYAA.
2) Gather as many (winter) clothes as you can within the schedule, paying attention to your hemisphere’s dates. Call family and friends to help you with this project! 🙂
3) Focus on donating to a worthy organization of your choice.
4) On International SWY Day post a picture to social media with hashtags: #SWYAAWCDC, #SWYAA+engaging country, #SWY+edition of engaging members
5) Enjoy the connection with other Ex-PYs, work as a team and make a difference in your country.
Examples of organizations you can donate to in Montreal:
This project emerged from the joint action of SWYAA Brazil and SWYAA Canada. However, the spirit of this project is to be extended to all SWYAA around the globe.
Facebook event cover by Gabriela Rau (https://www.behance.net/